Hello!

Thank you for stopping by!

A little about me: I love Scouting! I was a Girl Scout throughout grade school with the BEST mom/Leader ever. I did not do much scouting in high school beyond volunteering and taking leadership classes.
My son joined Cub Scouts as soon as I could sign him up in first grade, now it's my daughter's turn in Girl Scouts... time to Leader Up.

I started this blog as a way to stay accountable to myself, but I hope you find it useful. I welcome your comments!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Money Counts

Understanding Different Money Values
Printed out some paper money and we figured out how many quarters, nickles, dimes and pennies would make up a dollar.
I also printed out and made small cookie boxes (we used these to make necklaces) and we played a game with the boxes to count by 5s to figure out how many boxes costed how much. The girls had a blast and took turns figuring out the cost of the cookies.

The Cost of Fun
We finished our Money Counts leaf by discussing what activities cost money and which do not. We made a chart and figured out that more items went in the "Costs $" column. They decided that as a troop they would like to go camping, so we figured out about how much that would be.
Me: "What about food? Does that cost money?"
Girls: "No."
Me: "So when your mom goes to the grocery store, she can choose any food without paying at the cashier? Have I been doing it wrong?"
Girls: "uhh No." ::giggle giggle::

No comments:

Post a Comment