Hello!

Thank you for stopping by!

A little about me: I love Scouting! I was a Girl Scout throughout grade school with the BEST mom/Leader ever. I did not do much scouting in high school beyond volunteering and taking leadership classes.
My son joined Cub Scouts as soon as I could sign him up in first grade, now it's my daughter's turn in Girl Scouts... time to Leader Up.

I started this blog as a way to stay accountable to myself, but I hope you find it useful. I welcome your comments!

Thursday, October 6, 2016

Kaper Chart

I have a little troop still so created a simple Kaper chart that can grow with my troop.

There are SOOO many great kaper ideas online, it was entertaining looking up so many artistic ideas. I eventually chose this route since I wanted something that would easily store in my file folder between meetings.

I found the cutest girl art on another blog, Snugglebug, that I printed out, let the girls choose one to color, laminated, and glued to clothespins. The girls thought it was super special to have a visual, although they were not sure which one they had decorated. Good thing I put their name on the other side of the pin!

While I looked through google images for ideas and clipart to make it easier to create, I used Macromedia Fireworks to put it together. I like Macromedia for images with pieces, the program makes each piece a separate item which makes editing/adding elements very simple.


There is a bit of glare in this picture, but I used magnets to secure to the white board I brought the meeting to use for discussion. I can also use a large clip to secure to the front of my file folder box.

Overall I am very happy with the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment